The leasing office is open:
Monday-Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 11 am to 4 pm
Sunday: 1 pm to 4 pm
Yes, we have limited availability for the 2023 – 2024 school year. Stop by the leasing office or book a tour to learn more.
Lease Terms & Installments
All leases at Whistler are 12-month installments beginning on August 17, 2024 and ending on July 31, 2025. We do not currently offer shorter lease terms.
Your contract is based on a total amount that is divided into 12 equal installments for convenience. Your first installment will be due August 1 and the last on July 1 unless you choose to renew and stay at Whistler for another year. Because of this, August rent is not prorated.
Installments are due by the first of each month and are considered late on the 4th.
You can pay your installment through your resident portal with a debit/credit card or e-check. Alternatively, you can also bring in or mail a physical check or money order to the leasing office.
All leases are 12-month installments beginning on August 17 and ending on July 31. If you need to get out of your lease early, you can relet your unit by finding somebody to take over the remainder of your lease.
If you may need to relet your space, check out our article on 7 Tips for Subletting (or Reletting) your Midtown Apartment. Please contact the Whistler team to discuss in detail.
Yes, you can switch floor plans as long as we have the space available. Your rate is subject to change depending on the floor plan you choose. You will be required to sign a new lease to secure the new floor plan. If you have a guarantor, they will not need to sign the new lease, but they will be notified of the changes.
Example: If you and your roommates are in a 3×3 and want to add one more roommate, we can move everyone to a 4×4 if the space is available and all roommates currently in the 3×3 confirm the change.
Your installment includes:
- Premium Wi-Fi internet
- Fully furnished units
- Full-size washer & dryer
- Wall-mounted smart television
Plus, access to Whistler’s on-site amenities and attentive, on-call staff.
The following items are not included in your installment:
- Rental insurance – Rental insurance is required for all residents at Whistler. Residents may provide their own third-party insurance to be contracted directly, or you may opt-in to Whistler’s landlord-provided rental insurance, LRIP. LRIP is $12.95/month. You will be automatically charged for LRIP unless you provide proof of third-party insurance that meets our requirements as described in your lease. Visit our Resource Center to learn more about renter’s insurance.
- Utilities (electricity and water) – Electricity and water are sub-metered and will be billed monthly via Conservice.
- Trash fee – $5/month
- On-site parking – starting at $350 per month. Our controlled-access, on-site parking garage is conveniently located in the same building, so you can simply take the elevator up to your apartment without having to cross the street or walk outside.
- Off-site parking – starting at $160 per month. Located directly across the street from Whistler, Centergy is a gated garage with on-site security officers and EV charging stations.
- Pet rent
Whistler’s apartments come fully furnished. Each resident will have a full-size bed and pillow-top mattress, two-under bed/stackable dresser drawers, and a study desk and desk chair.
Our studio floor plans include an accent chair and wall-mounted Smart TV.
Our standard floor plans come with common area furniture, including an entertainment stand, wall-mounted Smart TV, coffee table, side table, sofa, accent chair and barstools. Larger units include multiple accent chairs and side tables.
All living rooms have a Smart TVs. Cable connections are available in the living room and each bedroom should residents wish to bring their own television.
Whistler offers residents up to 1 Gigabit speeds per user. Residents will have a home-like experience with Personal Area Network (PAN), allowing Wi-Fi-connected devices to interact (i.e., Sonos speakers, and Apple AirPlay, wireless printing, etc.).
Leasing Process & Fees
- Application fee (non-refundable) – $50 – This fee covers the cost of the background checks we run in order to approve your application, including the screening of one guarantor. This fee is due upon submission of your electronic application.
- Admin fee (non-refundable) – $200 – Residents will be charged a one-time service fee for administration, billing, bill auditing, overhead and similar expenses and charges to be incurred by the Landlord for the Term of this Lease.
- Security Deposit (refundable) – $100 – This fee is due upon move-in and refundable at the end of your lease term.
- Utility setup fee (non-refundable) – $66 – This is an annual registration fee billed by Conservice to set up your utilities, and is not due until you move in.
- Pet fee – $35/month for pets. There is a non-refundable pet deposit of $250.
- Trash fee – $5/month
The application fee is due when your application is submitted. All other fees are not due until move-in.
An individual lease is a per-bed lease. You sign a lease for a bed space in the apartment and share common areas with roommates. This means you are only responsible for your own installments. This allows you to live with roommates without having to worry about whether they’re going to pay on time.
A guarantor is a co-signer for your lease agreement. Because students often don’t have an income, having a guarantor allows us to qualify you for a lease based on your guarantor’s income.
You will list the name and email of your guarantor during the application process, and your guarantor will receive an email to fill out their portion of the application. Check out our resources for more information on what a guarantor is and learn more about if you will need one.
We require all residents at Whistler to have a guarantor or to prepay two installments to qualify. Prepaid installments are applied to the last two months of your lease term.
For applicants who do not have a credit history in the US and/or a guarantor, Whistler will accept a prepayment of two installments in lieu of credit/guarantor requirements. Prepaid installments are applied to the last two months of your lease term.
Additionally, applicants who are citizens of another country must provide at least two of the following: 1) a passport; 2) the INS document that entitles the applicant to be in the United States; 3) proof of employment in the United States; 4) an I-20 verifying student status; and/or 5) proof of enrollment.
Check out our resources for more information on what a guarantor is and learn more about if you will need one.
You can easily complete the entire leasing process online. We are also available in the leasing office if you wish to visit us to apply in person.
Step 1: Fill out an application
Start by filling out our application form. You will need the following information:
- Floor plan and unit you want to lease
- Name, phone number, email address, birth date, and Social Security number of the applicant as well as the name and email address of your guarantor (if you’re using one)
- Photo or scan of an identification document such as a passport, driver’s license, state ID, or active military
- Address of applicant’s current residence, as well as current rent payments and contact information for your landlord, who we may contact as a reference
- Bedroom preference and roommate information
Step 2: Sign your lease
After your application is approved, you will automatically be emailed a link to sign your lease. Once our leasing associates countersign your lease, you will be notified via email and receive a digital copy of your completed lease.
Step 3: Get email updates
Once your lease is completed, you will get email notifications with more information on topics such as construction updates, events, move-in, etc.
At Whistler, utilities are projected to range from around $20 to $60 per person, per month on average. This will vary depending on floorplan type, usage and other factors. This range is an estimate – costs may fall outside of this range.
You will be automatically enrolled in Whistler’s liability waiver program and charged a fee of $12.95/month, which only protects Whistler’s property. To protect your personal property, you can opt out by providing proof of third-party renter’s insurance with a minimum of $100,000 of liability coverage. For more information, read our article on the difference between renter’s insurance vs. liability waver programs.
Students often ask us: what happens on a tour? Tours are held in the Whistler leasing office, conveniently located on on the first floor. You’ll be greeted by one of our LMAs who will take you through the office, on the tour and answer your questions! To learn more about what happens on a tour, read our article, What Happens on a Tour?
We are offering both on-site parking as well as parking at the Centergy Parking Deck across the street. On-site parking starts at $325 a month and off-site parking is $160 a month. Contact us to learn more!
Here at Whistler, we offer professional roommate matching, done by hand by one of our managers. In your application, you will fill out a roommate section and answer a few questions that we use to fit you to your best match.
If there’s anything you feel we should know to make the best match possible, please contact our leasing team at [email protected] for assistance.
Whistler does not offer co-ed roommate matching. If you would like to live in a co-ed unit, we would be happy to accommodate, we just require you fill your unit.
First, we will get to know you through your rental application. You will fill out the application online, listing your preferences and linking your roommates, if you have already chosen them.
To get to know you more personally, you can contact us at [email protected] to schedule a meeting with a member of our leasing team! Here, we can discuss your needs and any details that you think are necessary for us to make the best match possible. You can also email these details to us.
Additionally, team members hold most property tours in person, and are trained to ask certain questions so that we can best meet your needs. We take notes and then add them to your account as supplemental matching information.
Once we have gotten you know you, we will match based on the following characteristics/information:
- Demographic info
- Class in school
- Gender (we do not offer co-ed matching)
- Living Habits
- What time do you go to sleep?
- What time do you wake up?
- Do you drink?
- How often do you study?
- Are you looking to be just roommates or would you like to become friends?
- Are you in any organizations?
You’ll meet your matches about a month before moving in! We wait until then to ensure we’ve connected you with the best match possible.
Living at Whistler
To provide peace of mind for students and parents, Whistler takes the following security measures:
Whistler features an extensive security camera network throughout the entire building and parking garage. Cameras will be placed in the following locations:
All exterior entrances
- Lobby, leasing office, and coffee shop
- Amenity spaces, including the fitness center, yoga and spin studios, study mezzanine, and pool deck
- Parking garage
- Elevator cabs and elevator lobbies
- Every residential corridor
Whistler provides residents fob access to all exterior doors, amenity doors, and elevators. Additionally, each unit has electronic key access to all front doors and traditional key access to individual bedroom doors.
After-hours courtesy officers
Whistler also provides professional, on-call security after hours, who will be dressed in uniform.
Whistler welcomes pets, but with a few restrictions. (Believe it or not, we’ve actually been asked about pet skunks. We said no. You’re welcome.)
Restricted animals include (but are not limited to) aggressive dog breeds, such as Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Malamutes, Dobermans, Chow Chows, and Great Danes. If you’re curious about another type of animal, feel free to contact the Whistler team.
The level will depend on your floor plan type and apartment number. To view the various levels within the building, check out our site plan.
Amenities are available to all residents.
All amenity hours are listed below:
- Mailroom and Luxer Package Room: 24 hour access
- Fitness Center: 24 hour access
- Saunas: 24 hour access
- Yoga Studio: 24 hour access
- Rooftop Lounge: 24 hour access
- Rooftop Pool: Dawn to Dusk
- Daydreamer Cafe: Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm, Saturday – Sunday: 9 am – 3 pm
We kindly ask residents to not use amenities outside of these hours to ensure the safety of all residents and courtesy for others.
At Whistler, we ask residents to only recycle accepted items, and avoid recycling restricted items.
Accepted items are listed below:
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Office paper
- Plastic bottles
Restricted items are listed below:
- Food or liquid
- Plastic bags
- Recyclables within a plastic garbage bag
- Textiles or clothing
- Plastic furniture
- Scrap metal
Each level has a variety of floor plans available. If you and your friends want to lease multiple units on the same floor, our leasing team will do their best to accommodate! Take a look at our site plan to see how each floor is laid out. You can also check out our floor plan options to see what unit type is the best fit for you.
Each level has a variety of floor plans available. If you and your friends want to lease multiple units on the same floor, our leasing team will do their best to accommodate! Take a look at our site plan. to see how each floor is laid out. You can also check out our floor plan options to see what unit type is the best fit for you.
TEAL is the central plant system that we use at Whistler to provide water to residents. The TEAL system delivers unlimited and on-demand domestic hot water to all units in the building. With the use of advanced AI technology and remote monitoring, TEAL outperforms traditional water heaters in energy consumption, costs, reliability and life span. The TEAL system has zero downtime, meaning you’ll never run out of hot water!
Whistler’s maintenance team is available to address any maintenance concerns you may have. You can submit a maintenance request through your resident portal or call our on-site leasing office. All maintenance workers will be dressed in Whistler uniform, and are not to enter any unit without resident approval.
Your mailing address:
FIRST NAME LAST NAME
859 Spring St.
Atlanta, GA 30308
Please be sure to include your first and last name on all mail and packages, or you may run the risk of not receiving your package or mail.
Before move-in, Conservice will send a welcome email with more information including your web pin (password) and account number (username). Nothing needs to be done before then. For information on utilities, see our fees section.
Rental installments and monthly fees are due by the first of each month and are considered late on the 3rd. Payments can be made through your resident portal. Log in at whistleratl.residentportal.com and go to the “Payments” tab to see any balances owed. We accept checks, money order, cashier’s check, and credit/e-check online. We are unable to accept cash.
Daydreamer is open Mon-Fri from 8am – 5pm and Sat-Sun from 9am – 3pm.